Reply To: An Open Letter To Anthem Community Council

Home/Reply To: An Open Letter To Anthem Community Council

Reply To: An Open Letter To Anthem Community Council

Home Forums Where I Stand An Open Letter To Anthem Community Council Reply To: An Open Letter To Anthem Community Council

Rana Goodman
Keymaster

Submitted by Steve Anderson, SCA Board President

Rana, Thank you for your open letter to the Anthem Community Council Board.  You are “spot on” in identifying one of the most glaring examples of neglect by an entity that we are forced to rely on for the appearance of our community.

Personally, I am fed up with the poor performance of the ACC in maintaining the areas that they are responsible for.  I am at a point where I would favor seeing Sun City Anthem withholding payment of any more assessments due to the ACC and putting them into a lockbox until such time that the ACC can come up with a satisfactory plan.

SCA pays 52% of the ACC budget and I feel that we get little in return.  I am reluctant to wage a legal war with ACC as in the end we would pay for all of our legal costs and 52% of theirs.  Only the attorneys would get rich on that one!

I am angry about this issue also and like you welcome any thoughts from your readers. I am tired of guessing how high the spring weeds will grow before ACC will do anything about them!

I encourage everyone to look at the documents found on the Anthem Community Council website: https://anthemcommunitycouncil.com  Use that site to communicate your displeasure with them.  In particular express that displeasure to the board members who do not represent SCA.  Karen Hadrick is the SCA representative and represents us well.  She is one of the seven board members of the Council.

In response to Elizabeth Breier, the SCA Board does know what is going on or more appropriately not going on with the ACC and does care.  The issue is struggling with an entity that we have been forced into having a legal relationship with and how to get more representation on their Board.  Since the Anthem Community Council Board only meets quarterly, there are often no reports to be made at the SCA Board Meetings until after the ACC meets.