September 14, 2016 at 11:45 pm #2792MARCIA KOSTERKAKeymaster
Mother’s Day was a day of great personal reflection for me, especially not having my mother here. She passed away in 2000. But the mere mention or thought of her as well as my father, brings to mind the so many words of wisdom they imparted as I was growing up and well into my adult years.
I remember, as I am sure others also do, that when one of my parents would utter something, I would look at them sometimes incredulously, and utter, “Oh Mom”, something in a “doubting Thomas” tone. I think none of us really knew as kids how wise our parents really were with their sage advice. But now as hopefully mature adults, we realize how very smart they always were.
In reflecting back, many pieces of advice come to mind and I would like to share some of them.
1. Always be true to yourself, otherwise you cannot be true to anyone
else.…… From my mother.
2. Always have the courage of your convictions and allow NO ONE to ever
bully you because of your beliefs…… From my father.
3. You are a by-product of two different people who have given you the
best of themselves. Always be the best you can be and do the best
you can…… From both parents.
4. Loyalty and love are two of the best gifts you can give a friend……
From my mother.
5. Kindness and love are two things you can share with others. That will
make you a rich woman, more than anything you may have
materially….. From my mother.
6. You are my flesh and blood, therefore, always fight for the little guy
whom you think is being maligned and is unable to fight back……
From my father.
7. It is always better to know how to do something and not have to, than
to have to and not know how……. From my mother.
8. Live each day as if it were your last day on earth, and if you are
fortunate to wake up the following day, then thank God for that gift……
From both parents.
9. Books can be your best friend. Read and learn from them throughout
your life…… From my mother.
10. If you have five wonderful friends throughout your life, consider
yourself rich beyond your wildest dreams……From my father.
11. Use caution if you meet someone that dislikes live plants and flowers,
puppy dogs and children, for this is but a shell of a human being…….
From my mother.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.