Home/Topics/SCA Volunteer Coordinator Need Help

SCA Volunteer Coordinator Need Help

Home Forums Community Safety Alerts SCA Volunteer Coordinator Need Help

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Rana Goodman
    Keymaster

I received this email from the SCA Volunteer Coordinator, Pat Prevosto who needs some help with the following;

We need your assistance now – and the help we need will NOT put you in any danger, rather, it is designed to allay concerns and anxieties of our residents and their friends/families.

What are we asking?
    *  We are seeking volunteers who are willing to retrieve questions from the internet and/or telephones. We will train you on expectations and actions.

*  I am requesting that you respond back to me if you might be interested in learning more about these roles. Responding back does not commit you to anything. Responding back indicates interest to be on standby for training and activation as needed.

A brief description of each role is noted below:
    An Internet Intake Volunteer accesses incoming messages on the SCA Covid-19 Task Force email account, analyzes the question or comment, researches the Frequently Asked Questions material for an answer, if no answer found requests supervisory help, develops an answer based on factual material, and sends an answer to the resident and files the answer in the appropriate folder. The volunteer must possess computer skills, comfort with the internet, ability to determine the question or comment, ability to search for answer and ability to compose a normally short concise reply. The volunteer must accept that this assignment may involve confidential information and must agree to divulge information only on a need to know basis. 

Telephone Intake Volunteer accesses the recording left on the Information Line, returns the call to the resident, determines the question or issue of the caller and 1) answers the residents question from the list of Frequently Asked Questions or 2) advise that research will need to done in order to answer the question and that once an answer is located a return call will be made. The volunteer must be comfortable accessing an answering device from a remote, location, have basic telephone etiquette skills, feel comfortable conversing with an unknown individual, be non-judgmental, have the ability to search for the answer to a question using the Frequently Asked Questions. The volunteer must accept that this assignment may involve confidential information and must agree to divulge information only on a need to know basis.

Please reach back to me, via email, if you have any questions that I can assist with – and with your names if there is interest in assisting.

Pat Prevosto

Volunteer Coordinator

pprevosto@gmail.com

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.