SCA President’s Report 12/14/23

Home Forums Community Meetings and Events SCA President’s Report 12/14/23

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Rana Goodman
    Keymaster

SCA President’s Report December 14,2023

As 2023 ends, I look back on what has been accomplished and I am thankful to our management team and the entire staff of SCA for their hard work and flexibility in making this operation work. I thank the management team and staff for their efforts in maintaining our facilities and providing our residents with top quality services and experiences.

I am also thankful for my colleagues on the Board of Directors. Yes, at times we had disagreements along with some vocal differences of opinions, but in the end, we worked hard at listening to one another and working collaboratively to accomplish tasks and make decisions that moved this Association into the future.  Some of the accomplishments during the past year have included:

1. 2024-2028 Reserve Study; New Asset Tracking Software
    2. Freedom Hall Theater – upgrade of sound and lighting
    3. Restaurant renovations and re-opening
    4. Liberty Cell Tower – generates revenue.
    5. East Slope Xeriscape – formerly the East Lawn
    6. Hampton Road Xeriscape
    7. Liberty Bocce to Pickleball Conversion (carried over to 2024)
    8. Anthem Bocce renovations
    9. Anthem Center indoor pool drainpipes remediation
    10. Pinnacle Xeriscape
    11. Preparation for 2024 Villa Xeriscape project including design, preparation of RFP, and working with the Villa representatives.

This list does not reflect the yearly number of demand (immediate problem such as a broken sprinkler head or a boiler that goes out) and preventative maintenance (changing filters) work orders. Work orders are categorized into either landscape or general maintenance ones. During the past year (January 1 through December 13) there was a total of 393 demand landscape work orders and 144 preventive maintenance landscape work orders.  Landscape work orders totaled 533 and on time completion was 94.4-95%. There was a total of 4112 maintenance work orders of which 1966 were demand work orders and 2146 were preventive maintenance work orders. The maintenance work order on time completion rate was 98.5 to 99%. The total of 4645 work order was carried out by the 28 full time employees of the facilities department.

I wish everyone of SCA a warm, restful, and healthy holiday season and a new year that brings you health, the prosperity of life, family and friends, and the strength to deal with the adversities and losses that aging confronts us with.  Remember and reach out to those who live among us who have experienced the loss of a loved one, who have gone through serious medical issues or have had other life changing setbacks.  Holidays are a time of inclusion and making people know that they are not alone in their grief, pain, or suffering.

The events of December 6 on the UNLV Campus where my husband works in an office only a building away from where the senseless shootings took place, made me realize how you can say goodbye to your loved one and then never seeing them again due to circumstances beyond your control.  It made me realize how tenuous life can be.  Thus, in this holiday season take time to hug, cherish and love those people that you are close to.  Your presence is the greatest gift you can give.   I look forward to seeing you in 2024.

Stephen C. Anderson, President

Sun City Anthem Board of Directors

Sun City Anthem Homeowners Association

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.