Regarding Past BOD Member, Bob Frank

Home/Topics/Regarding Past BOD Member, Bob Frank

Regarding Past BOD Member, Bob Frank

Home Forums I Take This Occasion Regarding Past BOD Member, Bob Frank

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Nelson Orth 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Rana Goodman
    Keymaster

It is with great sadness that I report the passing of my friend Bob Frank following a long illness. Bob’s widow, Kay sent the following statement regarding services;

I plan to have Robert buried in a military ceremony at a military cemetery in California.  My pastor and I agreed on a memorial in Henderson in late July or early August.  It will probably be held at our church. When I decide on the details I will let you know.  I need some rest before I do anything.”  Thanks k

I have known Bob Frank almost from the time I moved into Anthem, we had many ups and downs in our relationship, but there was never a time that I didn’t have the utmost respect for his honesty, devotion to this community, and his determination to do the right thing. Many times that determination came in spite of a great deal of opposition from some fractions in SCA.

Along with our friend, Tim Stebbins, who passed some months ago, they stood tall in the face of adversity and pushed on. Colonel Robert (Bob) Frank, I believe holds the record for being the top recipient of resident’s votes when he ran for the board of directors some years back. His term is a memory that will be with me forever and perhaps one day I will write about it. However, this is neither the time or the place.

Rest in peace Bob, I tip my “hat to you”. You will not be forgotten by the many who did, and always will hold you in high esteem.

Nelson Orth
    Participant

Like Rana, I too had my agreements and disagreements with Bob. But what I will remember most about Bob is his service to our country. He served over 25 years on active duty earning many awards, including the Legion of Merit. He had a distinguished career, and whatever faults he may have had are totally overshadowed by his service to our country.

Bob’s service is in stark contrast to the 2018 SCA Board of Directors who showed that they are anti-Vietnam Veterans and pro-Jane Fonda advocates.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.