NEVADA LEGISLATURE CONTROVERSY REACHES INTERNATIONAL PROPORTIONS

Home/Topics/NEVADA LEGISLATURE CONTROVERSY REACHES INTERNATIONAL PROPORTIONS

NEVADA LEGISLATURE CONTROVERSY REACHES INTERNATIONAL PROPORTIONS

Home Forums Let’s Talk NEVADA LEGISLATURE CONTROVERSY REACHES INTERNATIONAL PROPORTIONS

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    MARCIA KOSTERKA
    Keymaster

At first I found it rather amusing when several comments were made in the international version of the Miami Herald regarding our legislative body now in session promoting one of the most ridiculous laws that will go on the books.  

Nevada has always been a “gun-toting” state, and now they want to punish anyone who in defending themselves and loved ones from intruders breaking in and threatening them, by allowing intruders to have the right to sue the defenders of their homestead if they are hurt when people will merely try to defend themselves and anyone who lives in the home.

In my humble opinion, this would not stop me from defending myself rather than lose life and limb.  If this stupidity pervades, I would merely hire a darn good attorney to defend me.  All one has to do is look at all the break-ins recently and know that intruders these days do not just want to steal, but harm innocent intended victims as well.

I had  at least nine people from all over our country as well as Brits, Germans, a Frenchman and Canadians question me on this article.  I told them that I will defend myself first and foremost. They pointed out how violent criminals have become, far beyond stealing and the terrorists who kill, maim, and attack with no provocation whatsoever.

Does our constitution not give us the right to protect ourselves, or have the politicians completely lost their minds and feel that criminals have more rights than innocent citizens?

This continued violence has reach epidemic proportions and how many innocent people have to be killed before they wake up to reality.

At least one legislature is known to be constantly high on pot during legislature sessions.  It’s time for sanity to be restored!   

Patsy McCarthy
    Participant

Isn’t that the stupidest law you have ever heard of?  What, they want us to be robbed and killed in our own homes and reward the criminal?  Don’t these elected representatives have any common sense at all???

You certainly are having an interesting vacation in  the Caribbean!!

Patsy

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.