KITTENS, PUPPIES, & SENIOR PETS NEED FOSTERS

Home/Topics/KITTENS, PUPPIES, & SENIOR PETS NEED FOSTERS

KITTENS, PUPPIES, & SENIOR PETS NEED FOSTERS

Home Forums Let’s Talk KITTENS, PUPPIES, & SENIOR PETS NEED FOSTERS

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Denise Bianca 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Rana Goodman
    Keymaster

The Animal Foundation, is in dire need of volunteers to foster baby animals, needing a few weeks of private accommodations. These are mostly kittens, just several weeks old and a couple of dogs.  They are either too young or have medical issues which will improve with care from the shelter clinic.  Fosters do not pay for the medical care.  They only must provide a safe, quiet environment and love for a few weeks until the animals are adoptable.  This is a win-win all around.

Currently, there are about 200 kittens who need fosters.  If you are interested in helping please click the following link and take a look around at the “fur babied” needing help. link:  https://foster.animalfoundation.com/index.htm  then contact the organization to express interest in fostering, here:  foster@animalfoundation.com

The Foster Department staff says:

“We currently have over 200 kittens in foster care and still have more litters needing a temporary home. It’s nuts! As far as kitten care goes it ranges from two weeks to upwards of six weeks. It really depends on the litter and how well the kittens are thriving (or how young they are). All kittens need to be roughly 2lbs to go to adoptions. It takes about a month for a kitten to gain one pound if they are 100% healthy and not being picky eaters. Some just need about a week of antibiotics for an upper respiratory infection and they can return to be adopted then. Then the last scenario (for kittens without mom) would be behavior kittens. These are hard to judge as each kitten is different. We’ve had some fosters work with these kittens for a week and have them be loving little fluff balls.

As far as care goes we have some fosters who are home 24/7 with their kittens but there are also fosters who work 8-10 hours in the day. None of the kittens are bottle fed so leaving them home alone isn’t a problem. I personally keep my foster kittens in a spare bathroom. As long as you feed them, clean their litterbox and handle them even if it’s only for a little while when you are home the kittens should be just fine. I find them pretty easy to please and generally don’t worry about them while I’m at work especially if they have at least one other playmate.”

Denise Bianca
    Participant

I might add that the Nevada SPCA also needs kitten, puppy and senior dog fosters as well. And while we are on the subject, I’d like to remind folks to make arrangements for their animals in the event something happens to the humans. Daily those of us in the rescue community get called to help place animals whose owners are going into a facility or have passed away and no arrangements had been made for their furry family members. I would never want my fur kids to go into a shelter again.

It is also a good time to remind folks that as your age increases, the chances of your furry family members outliving you increases. Why not adopt a senior pet? They are normally already trained, already housebroken and are ready to love.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.