HOW LONG HAS IT BEEN SINCE YOU CLEANED THE DUCT ON YOUR DRYER? HUH! NEVER?

Home/Topics/HOW LONG HAS IT BEEN SINCE YOU CLEANED THE DUCT ON YOUR DRYER? HUH! NEVER?

HOW LONG HAS IT BEEN SINCE YOU CLEANED THE DUCT ON YOUR DRYER? HUH! NEVER?

Home Forums Let’s Talk HOW LONG HAS IT BEEN SINCE YOU CLEANED THE DUCT ON YOUR DRYER? HUH! NEVER?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Rana Goodman
    Keymaster

DID YOU HEAR ABOUT CLEANING YOUR DRYER DUCT???
    Postby Rana Goodman » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:03 pm

BY PATSY McCARTHY

Several days ago Ron Johnson posted an article about cleaning your dryer duct. He gave the name of the man who recently did his.

About 11 months ago I purchased a new washer/dryer set from Sears. I have recently noticed that I have to run the dryer twice to get the load dried, especially towels and linens. It never occurred to me that it could be the air duct was clogged up.

I called the man Ron recommended and he was able to come out this afternoon. He completely disassembled the dryer and cleaned it out (plus fixed several installation problems no charge). It was unbelievable the amount of lint he pulled out of the entire duct from the wall to the roof. Worse, he removed the screen from the vent on the roof and it was completely clogged. He told me this screen (installed when the house was built) should not have been at the top of the vent at all. This clogged screen can catch on fire and he has seen it happen a number of times.

I have just finished drying a load and it works perfectly!

Chances are your house has this screen on the roof and should be removed if you have never had the duct checked, like me. My house is 14 years old and I have never thought to have this done. I highly recommend John for this service. It only costs $85 and can save you gas, electricity and possibly your life if it catches fire.

The Duct Man of Nevada
    John Frey
    702 240 3828

John and his wife are residents of Solera

Patsy

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.