DEMS. DUMP SANCTUARY STATE BILL

Home/Topics/DEMS. DUMP SANCTUARY STATE BILL

DEMS. DUMP SANCTUARY STATE BILL

Home Forums Let’s Talk DEMS. DUMP SANCTUARY STATE BILL

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Rana Goodman
    Keymaster

I literally sailed out of the Judiciary Committee at the legislative building in Carson City on Wednesday on a cloud, I was so pleased with the way the guardianship bills went. Right outside the door a news crew was getting ready to film majority leader Aaron Ford, who paused to say hello to me. Had I known what his “hub-bub” was about, our “hello hug” would have been much tighter…..

It seems Ford had just pulled the bill naming Nevada a “sanctuary state”….. THANK YOU Senator Ford. The last thing our state and any town and city needs is interference with ICE or the police in doing their job.

I’m not inclined to discuss or debate immigration with anyone, it is a hot topic with me since my family immigrated to the United States, not “way back when,” but in 1953. I still recall all the steps my parents had to go through with both the British government and the United States in order to come here. So the idea of illegals who want to stay not taking advantage of the times that were offered to apply and be immune to arrest.

Yes, I feel for the dreamers, but they too need to find a way to get the law changed for their generation and not through violence but through legislation. they now have so many like thinking legislators, let them lobby for their cause the sme way many of us do for things we believe in.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.