3 Ways to Prevent Falling

Home/Topics/3 Ways to Prevent Falling

3 Ways to Prevent Falling

Home Forums Never Take Your Health For Granted 3 Ways to Prevent Falling

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Rana Goodman
    Keymaster

This was forwarded to me by a subscriber and I thought it so worthwhile for many of our residents, (including me) I broke my shoulder in two places when I fell…  Click “continue reading” in the box below to see the full article.

3 Ways to Prevent Injury From a Fall (Plus 2 Ways That Don’t Work as Well as You’d Think)

GARY THOMAS
    Participant

Good information. All of us probably have a story or two about ourselves or someone we know who fell and was unable to get back up and/or suffered an injury.

I would also think about what to use to help in getting back up in the event of a fall if your legs can’t do it alone. Sometimes there are things around that can help you get back on your feet. Maybe crawling over to the sofa and using elbows to just get back into a sitting position, or pulling one of the cushions down to put your knees on as you right yourself.

Think about communications. Can you crawl / butt shinny over to a reachable phone?

Plan and practice what you might do if you fell and there was nobody around to help.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.