Reply To: Resident Contacts ARC re: No Sports Flag Rule

Home/Reply To: Resident Contacts ARC re: No Sports Flag Rule

Reply To: Resident Contacts ARC re: No Sports Flag Rule

Home Forums Let’s Talk Resident Contacts ARC re: No Sports Flag Rule Reply To: Resident Contacts ARC re: No Sports Flag Rule

Neal Matzkin
Participant

Mr. Arendt

Maybe if you would read and stick to one issue at a time you would have less problems.  One issue that you flail at, about tree height,  you have backwards.  2 trees have to be a minimum of 5 feet tall,  but you need to have read the CC&Rs to understand that.   HOAs have CC&Rs and each owner is not free to decide for themselves which are dumb and need not be obeyed.  Such is the nature of a HOA.

My point was that you agreed to obey the CC&Rs when you bought here. You were given a copy of them.    If they were that dumb, why are you here?   It’s like buying a house next to an airport and then complaining about the noise.  There are ways to change them if owners collectively agree that they are no longer appriopiate.   Yes it is oxymoronic that the assoiciation can plant the plants that we can not.  Personally I have a pimple that I’m more concerned about, but if you don’t like this rule, challange it and see if you can get it changed.

There have been problems with the current system of CC&R enforcement. Those cited  for a violation have noted that others with the same deficiency have not been cited.  Inconsistent policy enforcement is a issue that can place SCA in jeopardy.  Although there will be transition issues about things that were overlooked in the past, like sports flags,  the new system will treat everyone the same.   Most if not all HOAs in the valley have active enforcement systems for this reason.  There  are costs in running a HOA and this is one of them that we tried to avoid but that  turned out to be problematic.  I think that due to the $500,000 plus surplus that Sandy Seldon has achieved, paying for this will not be a problem.