Reply To: Resident Contacts ARC re: No Sports Flag Rule

Home/Reply To: Resident Contacts ARC re: No Sports Flag Rule

Reply To: Resident Contacts ARC re: No Sports Flag Rule

Home Forums Let’s Talk Resident Contacts ARC re: No Sports Flag Rule Reply To: Resident Contacts ARC re: No Sports Flag Rule

Dick
Participant

Mr. Mazkin,

There is little doubt that you believe that rules are rules and that whatever they might be, they must be followed.  Gimme a break !

I suppose you also wish to subject each person who has a Palm tree that is in excess of 5 ft. tall, to chop them down because the ORIGINAL “rules” never took into consideration that THEY GROW ???

The absurdity of Del Webb initially allowing them, yet at the same time placing a 5 ft. restriction, without thought to applying COMMON SENSE, makes some rules RIDICULOUS, and this is certainly one of them.

The rules also say that olive trees and oleander plants are FORBIDDEN…. yet Del Webb had many, many olive trees planted all the way along anthem Parkway.

I think that is called “don’t do as I do, do what I tell you.”

I counted more than 40 olive trees along the parkway between Anthem center  and the Solara 1 mile away.

You would really like to subject residents to a cost of $1,000-$1,500 to remove a Palm tree because it happened to GROW?

Legal liability because of a tree growing too tall?

You have to be kidding.

Are you going to be the person who will spend your personal funds to sue an association because you saw a tree that exceeded 5 ft. in height?

If one fell on top of a car or person for that matter. just what legal liability would an association bear?

Believe me, this association will say THE FULL LIABILITY revolves around the person owning the tree.

Your argument is in the same category of the person blaming MacDonalds for their coffee being too hot.

And a GM wanting to employ additional individuals to check all homes on a quarterly basis is right up there with dumping $250,000 a year on a restaurant without any proper vetting….DUMB.

Think about this latest ridiculous decision.

If you employ 2 full time employees to cover 7,144 homes at minimum wage at $8.25 per hour (which would never happen when you have a GM who spends money like water), working a 40 hour week, that would amount to an annual expenditure of $34,320.

Somehow I think that Thirty-Four Grand (and I haven’t even mentioned the outrageous legal fees to send letters or collect fines), is so “off the wall” that it’s time we strongly consider DUMPING those who even come up with these costly and senseless ways to spend our funds.