Reply To: WHY I AM GOING TO VOTE NO ON THE LIBERTY CENTER LAW SUIT

Home/Reply To: WHY I AM GOING TO VOTE NO ON THE LIBERTY CENTER LAW SUIT

Reply To: WHY I AM GOING TO VOTE NO ON THE LIBERTY CENTER LAW SUIT

Home Forums Let’s Talk WHY I AM GOING TO VOTE NO ON THE LIBERTY CENTER LAW SUIT Reply To: WHY I AM GOING TO VOTE NO ON THE LIBERTY CENTER LAW SUIT

Mark Cook
Participant

The message from Mr. Orth truthfully portrays the situation regarding the Liberty Center fiasco.  The present board of directors, and all of the past boards, have mishandled the Liberty Center deal in the worst possible way.  We were offered 1.375 million dollars from Pulte, and our then board of directors sloughed that off with “oh that’s alright, we don’t want the money”.  Now the present board has had all of the solar panels removed from the roof, so it is no longer energy efficient in any manner whatsoever.  Who carried those off, I wonder?  Wish I had them.  The board and management have totally ignored my pleas for the past year to turn the lights off at Liberty Center, after I advised them the lights have been burning 24/7 while the building it’s closed!  With that type of mismanagement, is there any wonder why our dues are going up 20%?

If only we could get some residents with Mr. Orth’s talent and perception on the board, things might improve.  So I have to ask, what’s wrong with you people?  Do you enjoy being ripped off or what?  Squandering our money on idiotic restaurant adventures is ok?  Or replacing perfectly functional air conditioners for half a million dollars?  Our previous management companies, or mismanagement companies I should say, surely operated without our best interests, and all of the boards were apparently happy to just let it ride.  When they finally realized that was a mistake, they elected to try self-management.  So I have to remind the residents of the time honored phrase:  “cheer up, things could be worse…so I cheered up, and sure enough, THINGS GOT WORSE!”

Sandy, if you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem!