THE SCA BOARD – WHAT DO THEY RESPECT?

Home/Topics/THE SCA BOARD – WHAT DO THEY RESPECT?

THE SCA BOARD – WHAT DO THEY RESPECT?

Home Forums Let’s Talk THE SCA BOARD – WHAT DO THEY RESPECT?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Denise Bianca 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Rana Goodman
    Keymaster

THE SCA BOD – WHAT DO THEY RESPECT?

Resident Nelson Orth has asked that I post the following open letter on his behalf: Photo submitted by Col USAF (ret) Mark Cook.

Resident Nelson Orth has asked that I post the following open letter on his behalf:

During the week of August 13, SCA-TV provided free advertisement to Jane Fonda for an upcoming movie. I admit that I am bias and prejudice when the name of Jane Fonda is written or spoken.It is very personal for me. I was assigned to an aviation squadron aboard the USS Constellation (CV-64) when Hanoi Jane went to North Vietnam.

During the days Jane Fonda spent in North Vietnam, her actions lead directly to the beating deaths of three American Prisoners of War. I will be happy to forward the documentation to anyone who would like to read those details. Bottom line is that she is a traitor to our country, and should have been held accountable in the 1970s. But that water has passed under the bridge.

I asked SCA-TV to provide the information about “Hanoi Jane” to its listeners. I never received any response, so I asked the SCA Veterans Club for support. Their response was they could “not get involved in any political issues or disputes”. So I wrote to the Sun City Anthem Board of Directors and asked if they would get involved. Their response was that “SCA has no obligation under NRS, nor would our established policies to allow for a rebuttal for content of this nature”.

How ironic it was that Senator John McCain passed away during this time. While there are many notable quotes from Senator McCain, one that stands out for me is – “America never hides from history”.

I cannot answer the question of what this board respects. We know they do not respect the law, whether it be local, state, or federal. And certainly we know they do not respect the input or opinions of homeowners. And now we know they do not respect the veterans of this country, especially the Vietnam Veterans.

This is a sad day for our association and our Country.
    Nelson Orth

Marty Greenblatt
    Participant

As a former U. S. Army intelligence officer, whose life was interrupted by 2 years of additional service for the Vietnam war,  I wholeheartedly endorse Nelson’s letter.  I have no animosity towards the Vietnamese people, but will forever despise Jane Fonda for her betrayal of our military and our nation in a time of war.

Marty Greenblatt

Denise Bianca
    Participant

As a Vietnam Era veteran and one who had the honor of meeting some of the POWs upon release from the Hanoi Hilton as I worked at the hospital at (then) Andrews AFB, I am appalled first of all that they would risk offending so many veterans who served in that theater, and secondly why would they advertise anyone’s movie?

While I can’t speak to the details of what the POWs were subjected to because I was not there, I can speak to what condition they were in when they returned to us.

I sincerely don’t understand why they would advertise someone as political as Jane Fonda either. It makes me sad.

Denise Bianca, Lt Col (ret), USAF

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.