August 19, 2017 at 8:09 pm #3940
MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS August 24, 2017 – 1:30 PM Delaware Room,
Anthem Center AGENDA
- CALL TO ORDER Rex Weddle
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE Rex Weddle
- QUORUM Rex Weddle
Board of Directors:
Rex Weddle President…. Arthur Lindberg Vice President… Aletta Waterhouse Secretary
Forrest Quinn Treasurer…Bob Burch Director…Tom Nissen Director…Nona Tobin Director
- APPROVAL OF AGENDA Aletta Waterhouse
- August 24, 2017 board meeting
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES Aletta Waterhouse
- July 27, 2017 Board Meeting
- MEMBER COMMENT PERIOD
SCA Members are now welcome to speak on any agenda item. If you choose, you may reserve your comments until that item
is reached on the agenda and the President or acting Meeting Chair asks for comments from the floor.
Cards are available before and during the meeting to assure your recognition on the item you wish to address. These cards
need to be completed and given to the Executive Coordinator in advance. In order for everyone who wishes to speak to have
an opportunity to do so, comments will be limited to two minutes.
When recognized by the president, approach the microphone and state your full name and your SCA address. Be brief and
concise. Comments are to be directed to the entire Board. The president may interrupt or terminate a member’s statement
if it is personal, abusive, obscene, irrelevant or exceeds the time limit.
- PRESIDENT’S REPORT Rex Weddle
- GENERAL MANAGER’S REPORT Sandy Seddon
- FINANCIAL REPORTS
- Unaudited Financial Report
- Investment Report
- Collections Report
- Review of Write‐Offs of Bad Debt
- BOARD OF DIRECTORS COMMENT PERIOD
ANTHEM COUNCIL REPORT Nona Tobin
CONSENT CALENDAR (Action May Be Taken)
The Board of Directors may take action on all consent calendar items with one motion, accepting the
recommendations as stated on the agenda item. The consent calendar may include Committee reports, Service
Group reports and/or Ad‐Hoc Work/Advisory Group reports that may not contain Board action items.
- Accept the monthly committee reports:
- Architectural Review
- Community Lifestyle
- Facilities and Landscape
- Community Patrol
- Community Neighborhood Watch Program
- Community Service Group
- Emergency Preparedness Service Group
- Guest Policy Task Force
- Sun City Anthem Television
- Pinnacle/Villa Advisory Group
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Volunteer Coordinator – Aletta Waterhouse
- Approve Candice Karrow as the new Volunteer Coordinator for a two‐year
term beginning October 1, 2017 and ending September 30, 2019.
- COMMITTEE AND SERVICE GROUP ACTION ITEMS (Action May Be Taken)
- Approve the revised Volunteer Program Guidelines.
- Community Lifestyle Committee – Aletta Waterhouse
- Approve Kathie Strombom to the Community Lifestyle Committee for a
second two‐year term beginning September 1, 2017 and ending August 31,
- Election Committee – Forrest Quinn
- Approve the request to remove Nona Tobin as the Election Committee’s
Board Liaison and to appoint a replacement.
- Audit Committee – Forrest Quinn
- Approve Andy Muha, Forrest Quinn, Tom Nissen and Alan Frank as members
to the Audit Committee for a one‐year term beginning September 1, 2017 and
ending August 31, 2018.
- BOARD ACTION ITEMS (Action May Be Taken)
BAI #08‐24‐2017‐01 Approve the repairs to the laminate table tops and cabinet doors
in the sewing room at Anthem Center from A.A.A. Custom
Cabinets in the amount of $7,903.50 to be paid from Reserves.
BAI #08‐24‐2017‐02 Approve the purchase of a new 2‐way radio repeater, mounting
bracket, feeder cables and misc. supplies from BearCom
Communications in the amount of $2,691.61 to be paid from
BAI #08‐24‐2017‐03 Approve the replacement of one (1) 7.5‐ton compressor for A/C
unit 12 in the amount of $2,577.00 to be paid from Reserves.
BAI #08‐24‐2017‐04 Approve a three‐year contract with Bright View Landscape
Services Inc to perform landscape maintenance of Sun City
Anthem Common Areas, Villa neighborhoods, Pinnacle Village
and all three centers (Anthem, Independence and Liberty) in the
amount of $380,928 to be paid out of the 2018,2019 and 2020
BAI #08‐24‐2017‐05 Approve the replacement of two (2) follow spots for Freedom
Hall from Blue Planet in the amount of $3,950.04 to be paid from
- OLD BUSINESS (Action May Be Taken)
- Update from Board Work Group on the temporary use of restaurant space.
- NEW BUSINESS (Action May Be Taken)
- Legal update regarding recall petitions received – Adam Clarkson
- HOMEOWNER COMPLAINT
- Unit Owner, Nona Tobin, Complaint alleging numerous violations of NRS and Association
Governing Documents and Demanding Payment of Monetary Damages
- MEMBER COMMENT PERIOD
Members are encouraged to comment on any Association issue. Please state your name and limit your comments to two minutes.
In accordance with the Resolution Establishing Parliamentary Procedures adopted by this Board in April 2012,“Attacks on the character, veracity, integrity or intelligence of other individuals will not be permitted.”
- NEXT BOARD MEETING – September 28, 2017
In accordance with NRS 116.31083 the above
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.