On This Memorial Day Let's Pay Tribute:

Home/Topics/On This Memorial Day Let's Pay Tribute:

On This Memorial Day Let's Pay Tribute:

Home Forums I Take This Occasion On This Memorial Day Let's Pay Tribute:

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Rana Goodman 5 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Rana Goodman
    Keymaster

The end of May marks Memorial Day, traditionally we pay homage to our veterans, the men and women who served to keep our country safe. Many of those men and women gave their lives, and some who came home, were not fortunate enough to return whole. Let’s honor them and thank them for their service, no matter what war or conflict they served in.

My father served in the British army and although he has been gone many years now, I will think only of the funny “war tales” he told me about his outfit and their adventures chasing Rommel around Africa on the 30th to salute the man, the soldier, my hero.

As for the Viet Nam veterans, and we have many who make their home right here in Anthem, I tried so hard to find a picture of my MIA bracelet, I wish I could have worn it on Memorial Day. Remembering the many years I hung onto the hope that one day  I would get a note from my MIA soldier. I never did, and I will think of him on Memorial Day as I often do, hoping rests in peace.

If you have never seen this picture before, it is of a memorial to those valiant men and women that serve

d in Viet Nam and hangs in Chicago. The chandelier is made completely of dog tags of the soldiers who never came home. May God hold their souls in the palm of his hand.

What Is Missing From The Las Vegas Veterans Memorial?

The names of Nevadans who died fighting for our country.

As for the project that is  located on the grounds of the Nevada State Office Building, a stunning tribute to our servicemen, in Las Vegas, one wall was never completed, the one with the promised engraving
    of the names  of Nevadans who died in active military service.  It still is blank and dishonors all who served.

If you agree please contact the Las Vegas City Council and tell them to finish what they started!

Mayor Goodman and the City Council: PLEASE COMPLETE THIS PROJECT!

The World War II Memorial was dedicated on May 29, 2004 to honor the 16 million who served in the armed forces of the U.S. during World War II, the more than 400,000 who died, and the millions who supported the war effort from home.The Memorial is located adjacent to theWashington Monument, in the heart of the National Mall.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.