WHY I AM GOING TO VOTE NO ON THE LIBERTY CENTER LAW SUIT

Home/Topics/WHY I AM GOING TO VOTE NO ON THE LIBERTY CENTER LAW SUIT

Home Forums Let’s Talk WHY I AM GOING TO VOTE NO ON THE LIBERTY CENTER LAW SUIT

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Mark Cook 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Rana Goodman
    Keymaster
    By: Nelson Orth
    It seems there is another divide within our community. This time the issue is over whether to vote YES or NO on moving forward with a civil lawsuit against Pulte to recover funds expended to repair the construction defects of Liberty Center.
    When I first received the letter from the law firm representing the Association my first thought was – knowing full well that the chances of receiving over 3500 YES votes is slim, could there be some other reason for creating more civil unrest within our community. I believe the board is using this vote to cover up the past actions and behavior of this and past boards. Most will agree that the Association should never have been placed in this position. If this board, as well as past boards, had done their due diligence and provided some minimal amount of oversight and leadership of FSR, this entire situation could have been avoided. FSR was allowed to do what they wanted, and no board member was strong enough to stand up, and exert any leadership.
    One only needs to know that there was no truly independent audit of the FSR payroll, and as a result SCA overpaid FSR by $2.9M during the years from 2009 to 2013.
    If the board really was interested in having this vote be approved, why didn’t they have some forum or workshop, with the lawyers present, to present their case on why homeowners should vote YES, and to answer homeowner questions?
    If the 3500+ votes are not obtained, then I can hear the board now. We can’t sue to recover the funds because the homeowners won’t allow us to move forward. It’s their fault!
    Even if the required votes are obtained, I believe our chances of success are small, and the eventual outcome will take years, not months. I am not willing to take all of those risks.
    And that is why I am voting NO.

Norman McCullough
    Participant

Nelson Orth;

You asked a question that will never be answered by our Board of Directors.
    You asked ;
    “If the board really was interested in having this vote be approved, why didn’t they have some forum or workshop, with the lawyers present, to present their case on why homeowners should vote YES, and to answer homeowner questions?”

Here is another question that will never be answered by our current or past Board members
    “Why does it STILL take 90% of our residents to vote to overturn a proposed Budget?”

Perhaps if the residents had at least been given the chance to vote on the proposed budgets we would never gotten fined by the IRS. If I recall there were lots of residents who warned them, but they wouldn’t even listen, let alone consider letting the residents vote to approve or disapprove the proposed budgets that did not include returning the excess funds to the members.
    Norm McCullough

Mark Cook
    Participant

The message from Mr. Orth truthfully portrays the situation regarding the Liberty Center fiasco.  The present board of directors, and all of the past boards, have mishandled the Liberty Center deal in the worst possible way.  We were offered 1.375 million dollars from Pulte, and our then board of directors sloughed that off with “oh that’s alright, we don’t want the money”.  Now the present board has had all of the solar panels removed from the roof, so it is no longer energy efficient in any manner whatsoever.  Who carried those off, I wonder?  Wish I had them.  The board and management have totally ignored my pleas for the past year to turn the lights off at Liberty Center, after I advised them the lights have been burning 24/7 while the building it’s closed!  With that type of mismanagement, is there any wonder why our dues are going up 20%?

If only we could get some residents with Mr. Orth’s talent and perception on the board, things might improve.  So I have to ask, what’s wrong with you people?  Do you enjoy being ripped off or what?  Squandering our money on idiotic restaurant adventures is ok?  Or replacing perfectly functional air conditioners for half a million dollars?  Our previous management companies, or mismanagement companies I should say, surely operated without our best interests, and all of the boards were apparently happy to just let it ride.  When they finally realized that was a mistake, they elected to try self-management.  So I have to remind the residents of the time honored phrase:  “cheer up, things could be worse…so I cheered up, and sure enough, THINGS GOT WORSE!”

Sandy, if you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.