FOR FANS OF MAGNUM P.I., John Hillerman Has Passed Away

Home/Topics/FOR FANS OF MAGNUM P.I., John Hillerman Has Passed Away

FOR FANS OF MAGNUM P.I., John Hillerman Has Passed Away

Home Forums I Take This Occasion FOR FANS OF MAGNUM P.I., John Hillerman Has Passed Away

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Rana Goodman 1 month ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Rana Goodman
    Keymaster

John Hillerman — the co-star on “Magnum, P.I.” who played Tom Selleck‘s condescending landlord — has died.

In the 1980’s I spent several years in Los Angeles working within the entertainment industry. One of the jobs I had created for my self was writing a celebrity interview column for the Herald Examiner called “Say, Aren’t You?”… The column focused on supporting actors and actresses that one might see and know the name of the characters they play but often could not place their name. One of those interviews was with John Hillerman.

He was one of my most fascinating, not a Brit at all…. but from Texas. After the interview was over we had many laughs as I tried and tried to trip him up with British slang words but didn’t succeed. He was a delight and I’m sure will be missed by many who knew him. My column ran for a little more than two years and allowed me to meet some really interesting people.

A spokeswoman for the family reportedly said he died Thursday at his home in Houston. The cause of death is not known. Hillerman played Jonathan Quayle Higgins III alongside Selleck in the hit 1980s TV series.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.