Congratulations: The Vegas Voice-Wins 9 Publishing awards

Home/Topics/Congratulations: The Vegas Voice-Wins 9 Publishing awards

Congratulations: The Vegas Voice-Wins 9 Publishing awards

Home Forums I Take This Occasion Congratulations: The Vegas Voice-Wins 9 Publishing awards

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Gary 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Rana Goodman
    Keymaster

Rana Goodman with Gary Calligass, president of NAMPA>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

NAMPA presents 9 awards to The Vegas Voice at its

2018 National Convention.

NAMPA (North American Mature Publishers Association, Inc.) announced its top awards for publishing excellence at their 2018 National Convention at the Caribe Royale All Suite Resort in Orlando, Florida on October 8, 2018. NAMPA publications were independently judged by the prestigious University of Missouri’s School of Journalism – widely considered one of the top journalism schools in the country.

The Vegas Voice received nine awards – including five “First Place Awards.” Awards included:

1. Special Sections (political editor Rana Goodman) for her work and efforts on guardianship reform in Nevada;
    2. Editorial/Opinion (publisher Dan Roberts);
    3. Personal Essay (publisher Dan Roberts concerning efforts by political editor Rana Goodman);
    4. Front Cover Illustration (president Ray Sarbacker).

Awards were also presented for the magazine’s Overall Design (graphic editor Michael Roberts) and “General Excellence” (awarded to the entire Vegas Voice family).

Founded in 1994, NAMPA is the only non-profit association of boomer/senior publications in the United States and Canada. Currently, NAMPA member publications cover 37 states and two provinces in Canada with 98 editions and has estimated monthly readership of four million boomer/seniors.

Walter Rado
    Participant

Congratulations!

Patsy McCarthy
    Participant

WAY TO GO!  CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Y’all deserve the recognition.  Vegas Voice does it month after month and is the only “free” publication I ever read….the rest go into the trash.

I’m proud of you as my friends and the whole Vegas Voice family.

Patsy

Gary
    Participant

Congratulations Rana … and perhaps more important, THANK YOU for what you’re doing for Sun City Anthem and for the Las Vegas community as a whole through the efforts of The Vegas Voice.  We appreciate you!!!!

Gary

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.