ANTHEM BLUE CROSS-BLUE SHIELD EXITS NEVADA UNDER OBAMACARE

Home/Topics/ANTHEM BLUE CROSS-BLUE SHIELD EXITS NEVADA UNDER OBAMACARE

ANTHEM BLUE CROSS-BLUE SHIELD EXITS NEVADA UNDER OBAMACARE

Home Forums Never Take Your Health For Granted ANTHEM BLUE CROSS-BLUE SHIELD EXITS NEVADA UNDER OBAMACARE

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  MARCIA KOSTERKA 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

MARCIA KOSTERKA
    Participant

A KEY STATE’S OBAMACARE MARKETS ARE FACING A NIGHTMARE SCENARIO

This morning while watching the early news, I almost had a stroke when it was announced that   Anthem Blue Cross-Blue Shield was going to exit the market for those under Obamacare.  I immediately tried to call them in Georgia, but it was a little too early to reach them.  I have Anthem Blue Cross-blue Shield, but mine is federal which I continued to carry after retiring from the Veterans Administration just before moving to Nevada.  I needed to know if this affected federal employees as well.

What worried was the following being stated on the news:

” Nevada’s Division of Insurance said Monday that Anthem, the largest provider of Blue Cross Blue Shield plans in the country, would pull out of the state’s 2018 individual insurance exchanges under the Affordable Care Act.

Anthem will no longer offer plans in the three counties in which it was planning to participate next year. The insurer had already announced in July plans to exit 14 rural counties in Nevada.

The newest round of departures in Clark, Washoe, and Nye counties will not leave additional Nevadans without an option on the Obamacare exchange for 2018. (The earlier exits have left those 14 counties with no options on the Obamacare marketplace next year.)”

When I finally reached federal Anthem Blue Cross-Blue Shield, and they checked my insurance account, I was assured that it WOULD NOT AFFECT FEDERAL EMPLOYEES IN THE STATE OF NEVADA.

The Nevada Division of Insurance gave the following explanation as to this decision:

“While the Division is disappointed in Anthem’s latest decision regarding its withdrawals, we believed that it was in the interest of the Nevada public to let consumers know about the Anthem decision as soon as possible,” Barbara Richardson, Nevada’s insurance commissioner, said  “The Division is continuing to work with our state partners on attracting an insurance carrier to serve the 14 bare counties and to support the stability of the market for those insurance carriers who remain.”

Richardson also cited rising costs and uncertainty surrounding the Trump administration’s decision regarding key payments to insurers, known as cost-sharing reduction (CSR) payments, as reasons for Anthem’s exit.

When my heart stopped pounding, i calmed down and then began to wonder about those who are not insured under their federal plan.  All I can tell you is that those of you who have Anthem Blue Cross-Blue Shield should call your provider and find out if you will be affected by this drastic change.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.